This is a past event.
Do you want to get a PhD? Thinking about it but unsure how to get there? The McNair Scholars Program helps students get ready for grad school—and we'll pay you too.
If you are heading into your junior or senior year in the upcoming fall, this is the time to start thinking about what comes next. McNair is a program to help students who are first generation and low-income, or from an underrepresented ethnic/racial minority group. Unsure if that means you? We can help!
Join us for an information session to learn more about McNair and decide if applying is the right move for you. Info sessions will be in person and via Zoom—please register!
What are the advantages of participating in the McNair Scholars Program?
- McNair Summer Research Internship: receive a stipend for research during 8 weeks at MTU.
- Undergraduate research with a professor during the academic year: earn stipend for approved research.
- Seminars led by faculty and McNair staff to assist with graduate school preparation.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) preparation.
- Counseling to identify financial aid for graduate school, including assistantships and fellowships.
- Assistance completing graduate school applications and writing effective personal statements.
- Supported attendance at national and regional research conferences.
- Campus visits to other graduate school programs.
- Mentoring from faculty and McNair Staff.
- Tutoring for courses and development of writing skills.
- Graduate school application fee waivers.