Submission and Formatting 101: Master the Dissertation, Thesis, and Report Process
Students who are completing a dissertation, thesis, or report are invited to join the Graduate School to learn about the resources available to them to assist in scheduling their defense, formatting their documents, and submitting their documents. In one afternoon, you can learn everything you need to be successful and complete your degree in a timely fashion! Faculty and staff who assist students with submissions are also welcome to attend. Attend the entire event, or stop in for the seminar that interests you.
- Registration: Please register online to receive handouts via email or attend online. The seminar will be available online as well as on campus.
- 1 - 2pm - Submission 101
Learn what is required to submit your document to the Graduate School and the deadlines for the upcoming semester. Best for students who are completing their degree this semester or next semester.
- 2 - 2:45pm - Formatting 101: Using the Guide and Word Template
Learn how to find what you need in the Guide and use a Word template to create a perfectly formatted document the first time. LaTeX resources will be referenced, but not emphasized.
- 2:45 - 3pm: Break
- 3-3:45pm: Formatting 102: Checking and fixing your document
Learn how to use Adobe Acrobat to check your document to ensure it meets our formatting requirements and correct it without recreating the PDF.
- 3:45 - 4:45pm: Formatting 103: Copyright for your dissertation, thesis, and report
Learn how to use copyrighted materials in your document, including papers you have published as well as materials created by someone else.
- 4:45 - 5pm: Final questions
- Have a question that hasn't been answered yet? We'll be available to answer any additional questions you have.
If you are unable to join us, the event will be taped and available online after the event. The previous semester’s seminars are always available online.
Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Memorial Union Building (MUB), Ballroom A
1503 Townsend Drive, Houghton, MI 49931